It was not long ago in March that Los Angeles Walks hosted a walking tour of our neighborhood. Topics of interest ranging from architectural landmarks to transportation history and recent civic improvements were covered by two knowledgable local guides. We here at Walk Eagle Rock have long discussed the possibility of hosting walking tours and we are pleased to announce that on August 23, 2014 we will finally be doing so.
As the environmental impact report (EIR) comment period for the Scholl Canyon Landfill is coming to a close (the deadline is August 29), we think it would be appropriate to host a walk focused on community and civic engagement. Eagle Rock has a long history of being an active community and it certainly would not be as fantastic as it is today without the efforts of residents taking the time to participate, on all levels, to improve the neighborhood.
Find the details of our walk below and (if you would like) RSVP to our Facebook event:
Community and Civic Engagement in Eagle Rock
- Date: Saturday, August 23, 2014
- Time: 9:00AM-12:00PM
- Location: 2035 Colorado Blvd (Eagle Rock City Hall)
- Walking Tour Length: 6 miles
- Event is free and open to the public. Restrooms/water fountains will be available at mile 2 and 4.
- Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org